Rainy weather and what you need to know about quality tyres and tyre tread
Motorists should be aware that quality tyres are important in any weather but extremely important in rainy seasons. In rainy weather, driving conditions can become dangerous pretty quickly. Dangerous driving surfaces, coupled with reduced visibility, contribute to the thousands of accidents on wet roads every year. Fortunately, this can be prevented with a little preparation, checking the tyre tread and choosing quality tyres for your vehicle.
The tread grips the road as you drive, but if it's not deep enough, your car loses traction and makes it difficult to control the car in wet weather. To ensure your safety, measure the tread depth as part of your regular vehicle maintenance.
How to check your tyre tread:
- Check them at least once a month, as well as before and after long journeys.
- Check out the tread wear indicators (wear bars) that are built into the grooves of your tyres.
- Your treads must be at least 1.6mm deep around the tyre’s circumference.
- Check them with a tread depth gauge.
- Insert the probe bar into the groove and push the shoulders flush with the tread.
- If your tyre tread has worn level with these bars, you have reached your minimum depth and your tyre will need replacing.
- If you are uncertain of the measurements, take your vehicle to a tyre fitment centre.
When it comes to quality tyres, Delinte tyres are a great choice. Delinte tyres utilize the latest technology to deliver reliable performance at a reasonable price. These tyres strike the perfect balance between functionality and affordability. Whether you’re looking for offroad tyres, SUV tyres or any type of tyres, Delinte is one of the most impressive brand of tyres.
Get quality tyres for rainy weather at affordable prices from Tyrewide today. South Africa's Online Tyre Discounter.